The Nances

If you are someone who goes to or works at Butler, you’ve more than likely heard or spoke to either Mr. Nance or Mrs. Nance. Mr. Nance has been at butler for 4 years and Mrs. Nance has been here for 2 years. Within just that little amount of time they’ve made a big impact on many students lives and I’m sure I’m not the only one who thinks that. You don’t see most couples working together and it working out but they don’t let their marriage come in between with work. The two don’t really see each other often with Mr. Nance working all the way on the third floor and Mrs. Nance on the first floor, and if they do see each other it is rare.

I decided to do my article on The Nance’s, I chose them because I believe that they are two out of many people at butler that can be considered “trusted adults” to the kids here at butler. Mr. & Mrs. Nance have been together for 7 years and have two children together. They have set such a good example on what a healthy relationship should look like. I had the opportunity to sit down and talk to each of them and ask them some questions, so here they are:
Q: “what made y’all want to come work at Butler?”
A: “A really good opportunity to be at one of the best schools in the district and we save on gas.”
Since they are set such a good example and a lot of people look up to both of them others have mentioned to them on to why they haven’t started a YouTube channel? After it being mentioned several times, they finally made one! So, with that being said I decided to ask on what made them start the channel. And this is their response:
“honestly, we felt like young people were getting a lot of mixed messages about relationships and dating. Many people have been telling us we have a special story so we thought it would be a great way to share it. At butler you are limited in the students you can talk to, usually it’s the ones you come into contact with. With a YouTube channel you’re able to spread the message so that more kids can hear and hopefully find their worth.”

They have so many students come up to them for advice or just so they can have someone to talk to about things that they don’t feel comfortable for others knowing.
“I love it. It’s awesome to be able to be something for students that you never had. Many kids want someone to go to and talk to, but they don’t really feel comfortable in doing so. I’ve realized the best way to go is to not sugar coat anything. Sometimes it is hard because you don’t want to hurt their feelings, but on the flip side I understand that withholding information could do more harm than good. I now because I’ve been a product of that through my younger years.”