Off to College

​As we come to the end of the school year, seniors have a lot on their plate from graduating, jobs, to college. The seniors are starting to go their own ways. There are so many different colleges for them to adventure to. Even though many of them have become close these four years, they all won’t see each other as much or at all. I interviewed a couple of seniors to ask them about college.

Presley Metcalfe on the Belle of Louisville. Picture taken by Abbie Adams. Presley Metcalfe will be going to IUS this fall. She will be majoring in nursing. She wants to go there because they have a really good nursing program. Also, the campus isn’t too big and it’s very beautiful. Even though Presley is very excited for college, she will miss some things about high school.  She will miss all of her teachers that she has gotten close with over these four years and all her friends that she has built relationships with.

Desirae Lewis with Khailey Summers at prom. Picture taken by Trinity Hughes. ​Desirae Lewis will be going to EKU. She wants to go there because she likes the lifestyle of the campus. Desirae will being majoring in nursing and starting in the spring. Her favorite memories from high school was all the games she went to and supporting our school. She won’t miss high school but, she will miss all the relationships and bonds with people that were created over these four years as a Butler Bear.

Alyssa Brown enjoying a nice day. Picture taken by Alyssa Brown. ​Alyssa Brown will be attending UofL this fall to be a nurse. She is going there because she likes their nursing program and she also gets free tuition since her mother works for them. Alyssa wants to be a nurse because she loves to help people and make a difference in their lives. She will miss getting to see all of her friends at school but won’t miss waking up early.

Abbie Adams on the Belle of Lousiville. Picture taken by Cliff Neal.​Abbie Adams will be attending EKU in the spring. She wants to major in Criminal justice so she can be a detective or police officer. She wants to be a police officer so she can help people.  She likes EKU because they have the best program for criminal justice in the state of Kentucky.  She will miss seeing her friends from school every day and having Mrs. Barnes as an English teacher. She will not miss all the immaturity at Butler.

The class of 2019 has been though a lot of ups and downs together. We have all went through a lot together these four years. Seniors are very happy as they get to their last couple of days together before graduating. College will be very different from high school but they are all ready for it. Go class of 2019