More than a Student

Meagan Wilson

Butler is what it is today because of the students that go here. Our students are intelligent, hardworking, innovative, athletic; the list can go on forever. Being a Butler Bear means an abundance to us. Kayla Hernandez is a senior who loves her school. Kayla has been in clubs such as: Chem Club, Best Buddies, Unified Basketball, Makeup Club, Beta Club, Relay for Life, and a part of student council. She also enjoys taking pictures for the swim and cross country team.

She has created a ton of memories in these hallways. She claims that her favorite memories have been cheering on the Butler Bears as they play against PRP. Kayla said that she enjoys these games because of the thrill. “You’re so focused on winning and cheering on the team; it’s unlike any other game”. Without a doubt, the best Butler vs PRP game she’s went to was the basketball game of this year. She got to storm the court with all of her friends.

Although Kayla is excited for her future, she is forever grateful for this school. She has grown and matured as a person here. She dedicates that to her teachers, friends, and boyfriend. The classes helped her decide for her future. Kayla will be attending the University of Louisville where she will major in Social Work. She also plans on minoring in marketing so she can access a Real Estate License. Whatever Kayla does in her life, she will be successful because of the high school that shaped her.